Good Morning Everybody--12-8-09--I just had to come back here and do a quick Yippee! Riley at The Color Dare has chosen me for the Featured Stamper for this challenge, Wow! featured stamper at her blog and guest designer on Colour Q , this is a red letter day for me!
I have been looking for an unusual gift card holder. I know there are a lot of patterns out there. It came to me in a flash tonight-why not look on YouTubeand low and behold there was Dawn Griffith. She was one of the first blogs I started lurking on when I was deciding whether to start a blog of my own. I'm putting her blog address here because this gal is talented and has some wonderful tutorials and videos, she gives really precise easy instructions. Check her out: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com
I'll try to give a mini tutorial here:
- Start with a 4" X 5 1/2" envelope , fold in half, cut off the right side of the flap, seal the left side of the flap. This is essentially your gift card holder, the rest is embellishing.
- Cut a 2" X 2" square, stamp or embellish to your preference. Attach a pop dot to the top and bottom of the square. The space in the middle of the pop dots is where your ribbon will thread through to tie the bow for closure. Attach to front of holder.
- Embellish the inside of holder to your preference.
- Cut a piece of ribbon 15" long, thread under the square on front, bring around the back and tie a bow. Pretty easy--I think I got all that correct, good luck if you attempt this project. Don't forget, check out Dawn's blog, or YouTube for the video version of this project.
- Crazy 4 Challenges C4C Week 14-Gift Card Holder
- The Color Dare CD45-Very Krafty Durango--Kraft, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla
Thanks for viewing,