Studio A Paper Creations really inspired me with her card. She used a Spellbinders Nestability to make the wreath on the front of her card and a Meljen's digi, a very spring like card. My mind immediately went to a Christmas card using these new papers from Stampin Up and this new stamp set Bells & Boughs. However, I do not have the die she used, so after mulling over several ideas, short of ordering the die, this is what I came up with.
A scallop Spellbinder Nestability die that I cut the center out of , a 1/16" hole punch, and a length of ribbon, I carefully threaded the ribbon around the inside of the circle, knotted it at the bottom and tied a bow to go on top of that, hence 4 tails. It looked a little plain to me, so I added the gold metallic dots, which when I stamped and embossed the bells with coffee ink and clear embossing powder, colored with Copic Markers, I added the tiny gold metallic dots and that just set the whole thing off for me. I loved the way Annette attached the long triangles to the inside flaps, so I copied that. This is a 5 1/4" square gate fold card, the left side of the wreath is permanently attached and I put a small amount of dotto non-permanent adhesive to the right side to hold it temporarily closed.
Hope you like this one as much as I do.
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Challenge #84-Design Team Inspiration!
- Bah! Humbug! Challenge 43-Fancy Folds...
- One Stop Craft Challenge Challenge #105-Embossing
- Paper Issues Peer Pressure Challenge: Scallops
- Raise The Bar Challenge #43-Let's See Those Curves!
- Polka Doodles Week 44 Challenge-Quick & Easy Christmas Card
Thanks for viewing,
Beverly G ♥